Please see below for important information about this event.
The following forms need to be completed:
- Competitor Information Sheet: Coaches must return this form by March 13, 2020 or complete it online on the Coach Dashboard.
- Photo/Video Release Form (Word or PDF): Coaches should bring completed forms for each student with them to the competition.
Our MATHCOUNTS competition will be held on March 31, 2020 at University of Delaware Clayton Hall, located at 100 David Hollowell Drive, Newark, DE 19713. Attached is a complete schedule of events, which include:
- Registration: 8:30 am – 9:00 am
- Written Competition: 9:15 am
- Lunch will be provided for all students and coaches.
- We expect the awards ceremony to be completed by 1:00 pm
- Parking for the event will be covered by the Delaware Engineering Society / Delaware MATHCOUNTS.
The Delaware MATHCOUNTS competition includes the following rounds. More details for each round will be included in the School Competition Booklet the national office posts online for coaches.
- Sprint Round: 30 questions in 40 minutes; students work individually; no calculators permitted
- Target Round: 4 pairs of questions; 6 minutes per pair of questions; students work individually; calculators are permitted
- Team Round: 10 questions in 20 minutes; 4 team members work together; calculators are permitted
Additional information to keep in mind:
- Final scores of all competitors will be distributed by the State coordinators to the respective coaches.
- The official test and answer key will be released by the national MATHCOUNTS office after the completion of all March competitions and may be downloaded from MATHCOUNTS. Original individual or team tests will not be released.
- Prizes will be awarded to each of the top three highest-scoring teams and top four individuals.
The four highest-scoring individuals and the coach of the 1st
place team will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to the 2020 Raytheon MATHCOUNTS National Competition, May 9-12 in Orlando.